Wow, it’s December. 2020 has been a long tiring year for all of us. We’re almost at the end. We hope you have fun “socially distant” plans for the holidays and had plenty of turkey on Thanksgiving.
Things are looking up for 2021; new vaccines are coming out to combat this scourge. Let’s make December a good one. Be smart, be safe, and please wear a mask.
We’re continuing to get a great response to these newsletters. Keep clicking and reading.
As always, we want to hear from you. If you have an article/blog post you’d like us to highlight in the next issue, please send it our way.
Principal Creative Director – Goldstein Media LLC
Ps. Want to get a virtual coffee and talk about your marketing needs? Schedule time with me here.
The Digital Marketing Podcast Is Back!
Articles Of Note
- The Future of SEO: Experts Reveal 2021 Predictions (Conductor)
I think 2020 threw everyone for a loop. With more businesses relying on online exposure, SEO is more relevant than ever. These are some great predictions of what might yet to come in 2021.
- Location Data + Reviews: The 1–2 Punch of Local SEO (Moz)
At first, it seems obvious, has correct location data out on the web, and have supporting reviews that tout how great you are is a great combination. But, just being found on Google first doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be picked when you think about it. Good, positive reviews are key.
- Google Page Experience Update to launch May 2021 with new labels in search results (Search Engine Land)
Having a good user experience has always been important; now, it’s a ranking factor and something to keep an eye on.
- WordPress Image Optimization: The Ultimate Guide (iThemes)
This is a great guide to optimizing your images for optimal speed and quality. Yes, you can have both if you do it right.
- Setting professional boundaries with clients (Layout by Flywheel)
Setting boundaries with clients is key to keeping a healthy work-life balance, especially during the pandemic when the lines are blurred much more than usual.
- Tiktok Is Still Here (Insights on Marketing)
I think we all expected the Trump administration to slam the door shut on Tiktok, but as of November 12th, Tiktok is still available in the US. These are my insights on that development and using Tiktok for your brand.
- 10 Reasons Your WordPress Site Will Get Hacked (And How To Stop It) (Web Designer Depot)
With more than 38% of the websites online being run using the WordPress content management system, getting hacked is a real possibility. But knowing what to do to prevent this is key. These are some great tips.
- The Only Email Marketing Best Practices Guide You’ll Need in 2021 (AWeber)
These are some great tips from a great email service provider that we’ve used in the past for clients. Email is a great way to get in front of your key audience. Using the tool correctly is key.
- Selecting the right platform for your podcast website (Spreaker)
A website is a great place to post your podcast show notes and other resources. Picking the right platform is crucial to make sure you update the site regularly. Many podcast hosts give you a basic podcast landing page, but often that’s not enough. This is a good rundown of the different website options out there.
- 7 TikTok Hashtags Best Practices You Need To Follow Today (MarketTap)
TikTok is a very different beast and having a solid hashtag strategy is key to getting found and growing your following on the social network.
- The Anatomy of the Perfect Blog Post: Proven Blogging Tips for 2020 (Venngage)
I love infographics, and this infographic is by far one of the best. Lots of professionals still blog. This infographic gives some great tips on how to get the most out of your blog post.
- Preparing for Google’s Mobile-Only Index (Traffic Think Tank)This article really spells out what we need to all get ready for in the new year. If you have content that is only on your site’s desktop version, you’re going to want to have it be on mobile if you want it indexed.