I hope you all had a great Valentines Day 💘 and didn’t eat too much chocolate. This issue has some great articles. Be sure to dig in.
As always, we want to hear from you. If you have an article/blog post you’d like us to highlight in the next issue, please send it our way.
Editor of Insights on Marketing and Principal Creative Director at Goldstein Media
Ps. Want to get a virtual coffee and talk about your marketing needs? Schedule time with me here.
The Digital Marketing Podcast Is Back!
- Semantic search drives expanded outreach to potential customers (Search Engine Watch)
With semantic search, retailers can make their sites more relevant to visitors and customers.
- The future of Google and what it means for search (Search Engine Watch)
Google being huge is an understatement. Our reliance on Google has made the search engine a target and will affect it. What does that mean for search? No one is quite sure, but it will be interesting to see.
- Google will suspend merchant sites that show higher prices at checkout (Search Engine Land)
This makes sense. It isn’t a good experience for the user if they think they are clicking on a listing at one price and get a different price on the merchant’s site. This means that you need to make sure your site and Google listings are accurate. Good on Google.
- Marketers say COVID vaccines create hope for quick return of in-person events (Marketing Land)
I like a good in-person event as much as the next person, but even with the vaccine, I’m not sure how fast I’m going to go back to in-person events or how fast in-person events are going to come back in general.
- Five hacks to enhance your organic CTR and rankings in SERPs (Search Engine Watch)
Some great tips/hacks to getting your rankings higher in the search engine rankings and getting more people to your site.
- SEO Forecasting in Google Sheets (Moz)
It’s amazing what you can do with Google Sheets for SEO
- How to Properly Change Your WordPress Username (Step by Step) (WP Beginner)
A bit basic of a trick, but a good one that comes in handy.
- How to Start a Clubhouse Room and Moderate Like a Pro (Social Media Examiner)
This is a great run down on Clubhouse.
- Duplicate content (and what to do with it) | Sustainable Monetized Websites (YouTube)
Clever video from Google Webmasters about what to do with duplicate content.