Wow, can you believe it’s March already? It’s hard to believe, at least here in the Philly suburbs, where we have a ton of snow. Hopefully, Spring is on its way.
Below is what I’ve dug up for you reading pleasure.
As always, we want to hear from you. If you have an article/blog post you’d like us to highlight in the next issue, please send it our way.
Editor of Insights on Marketing and Principal Creative Director at Goldstein Media
Ps. Want to get a virtual coffee and talk about your marketing needs? Schedule time with me here.
Have You Listened Lately To The Digital Marketing Podcast?
Some of the most recent ones:
- S2 E10 – Small business leaders and digital marketing. What you need to know
- S2 E9 – On Community
- S2 E8 – To Filter or Not Filter Your Brand Photos On Social
- Google Search Console adds ‘associations’ so you can link with other Google accounts (Search Engine Land)
Google is finally making its services easier to interoperate. This is a good thing.
- LinkedIn Pages Updated With New Features (Search Engine Journal)
All I need to say is, thank goodness LinkedIn is improving the business functions of their business social network. I love the service, but their business pages have seriously been lacking. Maybe next they’ll fix the untapped potential of LinkedIn groups.
- Snapchat Reports Increase in Mobile Video Viewing (Search Engine Journal)
Snapchat has managed to stay somewhat relevant and now it seems to be picking up steam? I don’t use the service that much? But, I know a lot of people who do.
- Why Are Podcasts So Popular? 5 Reasons Why People Love Pods (The Podcasts Host)
Podcasts are becoming even more popular by the day. Everyone seems to be making them. Why is this the case? This article tries to pinpoint the allure.
- The Top 6 Social Media Trends of 2021 [Infographic] (Social Media Today)
A great visual representation of 6 major trends going on in 2021 in Social Media
- The Paradox of Content Marketing to Beginners vs. Experts (Sparktoro)
Rand Fishkin has done it again. A great breakdown of how to use content marketing to market and reach both beginners and experts.
- This browser extension shows what the Internet would look like without Big Tech (The Verge)
Rather jarring if you ask me.
- Spotify Unveils New Marketplace for Audio Ads (Marketing Brew)
This is an obvious and good ad play.
- Ecommerce SEO: Bring More Customers to Your Online Store (Business 2 Community
Quick hit article about how to use SEO to boost your store online and get more customers.
- How to Explain Domain Authority to a Non-SEO (Moz)
A great explainer on what exactly is Domain Authority and why it’s helpful for SEO
- Google Search Console (GSC) reporting for Soft 404s is now more accurate. But where did those Soft 404s go? (GSQi Blog)
Glenn game is a big name in the SEO space. His blog posts are tomes of information on various SEO topics. This article is no different and deserves a read if not a few reads.
- URL Slugs: How to Create SEO-Friendly URLs (SEO Sherpa)
The structure of your URL is an important tool for ranking in search engines. This is a great post explaining what you need to do to do it write.
- Thoughts on WordPress Achieving 40% Market Share (Speckyboy)
Some great thoughts about WordPress and the power it gives people and brands to excel online.