Hey Everyone! Welcome to another episode of the Digital Marketing Dive Podcast. I’m Shawn Swaim the SEO Geek and the self-proclaimed king of the Internet. With me as always is Seth Goldstein, the Creative Director of Goldstein Media.
We have a great episode for you today, even though it’s just us.
Topic: Is higher education a waste of time if you’re going into digital marketing, social media, SEO, Web design?
LinkedIn and social media guy Jordan Paris announced on LinkedIn last week he’s doing a TEDx in the spring about how higher education is a waste of time and a scam.
This struck a chord with Seth.
Let’s discuss in the context of digital marketing etc.
- (Shawn’s thought): You’re going to get out of whatever situation whatever you’re going to want to get out of it.
- Hypothetical Question: Can conventional colleges keep up with Digital Marketing and changes?
- IF you decide college is NOT the right solution, what are some alternatives for education?
- Udemy: Courses about the “how to” elements (FB Ads, SEO, etc.)
- Any number of reputable “Gurus”
- BE CAREFUL… Lots of snake oil
- Content by Frank Kern
- Follow reputable thought leaders…
- Ted Rubin
- Brian Sollis
- Tim Ferriss (READ THE FOUR HOUR WORK WEEK… SHOULD BE MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE WITH A REMOTE INTEREST IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP)
- Try to sell something you’re good at on Facebook and lose money doing it, lol.
This week we’re doing our favorite Internet finds:li
Well that was fun. As always please give us a review in the podcast directory of your choice. We’re all of the major directories. We also want to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com. Leave us questions, comments, critiques, rants, you name it. If you don’t want us to read the note on the show, please tell us, because we probably will!
So that’s it. It’s been fun! See you on the flip side!
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/digital-marketing-dive/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/digital-marketing-dive/support