Hey Everyone! Welcome to another episode of the Digital Marketing Dive Podcast. I’m Shawn Swaim of Shawn Swaim Consulting and the self-proclaimed king of the Internet. With me as always is Seth Goldstein, the Creative Director of Goldstein Media.
It’s our 30th episode. We made it! Let’s see if we can come up with 30 more!
This week we’re talking about how to recover your SEO after Google goes crazy with the algorithm updates.
We wanted to make this episode because of some new stats that have come out about SEO… In 2012 people thought Google was crazy because they updated the algorithm on average 3 times per day… Today, in 2020, that number is up to 9 times per day.
- Understand that fluctuations are natural… so chill out, grab a beer, and your rankings will likely recover. (As long as you’re not doing anything that is inherently risky)
- Preemptively eliminate the risky baggage. If you partook in “sub-par” SEO efforts in the past and Google has not dinged you yet, count your lucky stars and start removing the negative stuff
- Look for keyword stuffed pages & blog posts
- Analyze your backlink profile
- Start adding new, baller ass (that’s Shawn speak for “high quality”) content. The best antidote to bad SEO is Good SEO.
This week we’re doing our favorite Internet finds:
Well that was fun. As always please give us a review in the podcast directory of your choice. We’re all of the major directories. We also want to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com. Leave us questions, comments, critiques, rants, you name it. If you don’t want us to read the note on the show, please tell us, because we probably will!
So that’s it. It’s been fun! See you on the flip side!
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/digital-marketing-dive/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/digital-marketing-dive/support