In this episode, Seth and Shannon talk with Seth Halpern, Senior Vice President and the GM of the small/medium business division at WP Engine & Flywheel WordPress Managed Hosting, all about the importance of good, quality hosting for your small business site and entrepreneurial projects.
Seth: Hey, Everyone, and welcome to season two, episode twenty of the Digital Marketing Dive Podcast. I’m Seth with Goldstein Media, and with me as always is the amazing and talented Shannon of DIAM Business Consulting.
Before we get into it. Shannon and I have decided to move the show back to bi-weekly. It’s just gotten busy in our daily businesses and we need to focus on those. So for the rest of this season, these shows will come out every other week!
With that, Shannon, are you ready to rock?
We’re going to talk about how picking the right hosting is imperative to your success online and some tips on how to make your site stand out online.
Just a quick full disclosure, Goldstein Media is an agency partner with Flywheel and a very happy customer for more than 4+ years now.
Topics & Links
- Let’s start off at the beginning. Who are you? What do you do? And what’s your connection to small businesses and entrepreneurs?
- So Flywheel and WP Engine recently joined forces (WP Engine bought Flywheel to be exact), how does this help the small business and the entrepreneur?
- What does a daily life look like at a WP Engine/Flywheel?
- The WordPress CMS now powers approximately 41% of the websites online. Why is having a good host important for companies running WordPress websites?
- Both WP Engine (via Torque Magazine) and Flywheel (via Layout) have excellent articles and posts about business and operations, not just hosting. How has these blogs helped educate consumers on your brands?
- Let’s get down the nitty gritty, what is WordPress Managed Hosting/Optimized Hosting? How does it differ from just getting a $3/mo server somewhere?
- A lot of these bargain hosting companies have “WordPress managed hosting,” how is WP Engine and Flywheel different?
Shout Our Sponsor
We want to thank SavvyCal (https://socl.bz/savvycal) the scheduling tool your recipients will love to use. We’ve all tried different ways to schedule a meeting. From sending times and dates back and forth until a time can be settled on, to services like calendly that just give you a block of times to pick from. Both of these ways are cumbersome.
SavvyCal fixes this, it superimposes your calendar on top of your recipients so make it easy to pick a time that works for both of you.
Go to https://socl.bz/savvycal and give them a try today! Tell them we sent you!
Seth: Well, that was so much fun Shan.
Shannon: It was great!! Reach out to us on DMD’s social media channels and let us know what challenges you are having with digital marketing.
Seth: If you’re enjoying the season, please feel free to give us a review in Apple Podcasts or the podcast directory of your choice. We appreciate all the support. If you feel so inclined check out PodChaser and give us a review there!
That’s it for this episode, but we want to hear from you. Drop us an email at email@example.com.