In this episode, Seth and Shannon talk with a podcasting maverick and educator Joe Casabona. Joe has a very popular show called “How I Built It” as well as the “WP Review”. Both shows can be subscribed to in your podcast player of choice. He is also a college-level educator and author of “Responsive Design with WordPress” and 3 other books.
Seth: Hey, Everyone, and welcome to season two, episode twenty-four of the Digital Marketing Dive Podcast. I’m Seth with Goldstein Media, and usually with me is the always amazing and talented Shannon of DIAM Business Consulting.
Today we have Joe Casabona on the show. Joe has a very popular show called “How I Built It” as well as the “WP Review”. Both shows can be subscribed to in your podcast player of choice. He is also a college level educator, and author of “Responsive Design with WordPress”.
I’ve known Joe for quite a few years. He’s very active in the WordPress community.
Topics & Links
- What’s your origin story? Who is Joe Casabona?
- When did you get started in the WordPress community?
- You taught college level computer science classes, how was that?
- How did you go from WordPress to podcasting?
- You now mix the two mediums with your shows WP Review and How I Built It. Though the latter is more than just WordPress. How do you find time to do it all?
- You also have a very active How I Built It Community with online courses and an online forum. Tell us about that.
- Do you suggest small business owners investigate doing a podcast for their business?
- What do you think of Clubhouse and Twitter Spaces?
Shout Our Sponsor
We want to thank SavvyCal (https://socl.bz/savvycal) the scheduling tool your recipients will love to use. We’ve all tried different ways to schedule a meeting. From sending times and dates back and forth until a time can be settled on, to services like calendly that just give you a block of times to pick from. Both of these ways are cumbersome.
SavvyCal fixes this, it superimposes your calendar on top of your recipients so make it easy to pick a time that works for both of you.
Go to https://socl.bz/savvycal and give them a try today! Tell them we sent you!
Special Discount on Joe’s Podcast Liftoff course: https://Casabona.org/dmd
Check out Castos: https://socl.bz/castos
Well, that was so much fun Joe.
Reach out to us on DMD’s social media channels and let us know what challenges you are having with digital marketing.
If you’re enjoying the season, please feel free to give us a review in Apple Podcasts or the podcast directory of your choice. We appreciate all the support. If you feel so inclined check out PodChaser and give us a review there!
That’s it for this episode, but we want to hear from you. Drop us an email at email@example.com.